" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Friday, December 3, 2010

Blur

The days are down to zero. I am married. Alhamdulillah Shukr. I am a wife. The past days were all but a blur. I remember feeling nervous. I remember feeling good. I remember crying my eyes and heart out, hugging my Mother tight, lying with her the night before my wedding day. I remember feeling anxious. I remember the feel of my chilled hands at the time of the Nikah. I remember feeling relaxed after I saw them and they said salam and shook my hand. I remember liking it being with them up on stage. I remember feeling extremely shy while I sat in car right next to them. But they took me by suprise yet again. Even their hands rubbing against mine has me breathless. I can't even smile at them inspite of wanting to so bad because of my shyness.

Alhamdulillah, I'm happier than I imagined I would be. I miss mom. I miss the faces of my family. I miss being the jovial carefree girl that I am at home. I miss home. Mom's food. The sweetness of our home.

It makes me uncomfortable when people are being a little too nice, but ignorance hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment