" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bottled up


Bottled up- a poem I had written for them when this first happened. Perhaps quoting it here will reveal my idenity, because some of my friends had read it and they would know, but I don't really care.

Bottled up
For you I keep my love bottled up.
On my mouth which yearns to speak, a hand I clap.

And I find it hard to breathe,
And I find it hard to breathe.

I shun my heart which aches for you,
My ears longing to hear from you.

And that makes me feel so lost,
And that makes me feel so lost.

But this hurtful silence I bear for Allah's sake,
Praying that He'll reward us for all the pain that we take.

It is not much. Just some lines. But they are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment