" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Inexplicable

They heard me. Me calling their name in that special way that I adress them. They heard my desperate pleads. And this ain't the first time. They have heard me before too, somehow, inexplicably. They said they were pleased with me. Insha Allah, what more do I want to hear from them? It is something that I ask Allah subhanta'ala for in all my duas, at the end of every salah-make them pleased with me Allah. And I pray that they always will be-insha Allah-Ameen. Alhamdulillah.

I hoped they would, but I never belived they would. It was a moment of relief. As if I was lifted from this for a few seconds and then plunged back into it.

I cried. Mother and Father asked me why. I didn't tell them. They can guess. But they do not understand. It is love. And when you love someone, needless to say, you need them, you miss them - as simple as that. The pain of missing someone very badly. The pain of notbeing able to hear from that someone you love. The pain of not being able to give your love to the same someone. How may I explain that to my parents?!

Then there are other worries, other reasons to my sadness and some of the 'wedding blues' as someone wrongly interpreted this yesterday. Maybe I'm being too dramatic. But hey, this is me. This is how I am.

They said "Yours". They were mine. They are mine. Oh how I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment