" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Alhamdulillah

Missed them today. I was in the kitchen, clearing dishes and suddenly I remembered them and their love for me and I exclaimed "I miss him!" out loud! My sister-in-law was a door away from hearing me.

I look at my brother,wife and kid; I look at the things they do, and I wonder would I be like this? Would they be like this? Would I be hurt if they said that or did this? Or how would I act in a situation as such? And so on and so forth. Instantly I come up with answers, no we wouldn't be like this. Everybody is different, every relationship is different. I might be a little hurt if they said that or I would like it if they did this. And; no, I would act very differently in such a situation. And that's when I remember Allah. That's when I remember his blessings on me, when I remember how different I am from others around me, how differently Allah Subhanta'ala has created me. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Aalameen! Thankyou Allah.

Haya. Modesty, shyness. Haya is a branch of Iman. Alhamdulillah, its a quality in built in me. Something that was with me for as far as I remember. It is not as simple as it sounds, haya is not raising your voice when men are present; be it mehram or non-mehram. Haya is that discomfort you have when your hijab slips a bit in the wind and shows your hair. Haya is not being able to decline a gift offered. Haya is being incapable of saying No to someone who asks you a favor. These are but a few instances. Haya is so much more. It is actually in built in most women, not so many in the contemporary society maybe.

Silence. The thing that doesn't bother me. The thing I resort to in most situations. I thank Allah abundantly for making me someone who usually guards her tongue and does not babble or talk without reason. Alhamdulillah. My mom tells me I have inherited my Gran's patience. SubhanaAllah, my patience couldn't be compared with that of my Gran's, but I know I am patient. If I react then you know things have been building up and I finally cracked, otherwise I am all but indifferent or I cry.

I thank Allah for my understanding of the Deen. Everyday I find myselves deep lost in the beauty of my Deen. Learning, reading and I am never tired of it. Alhamdulillah.

And Alhamdulillah for my good manners. For making me obedient, polite, kind and nice to my parents, family and people.

Allahumma barik alayhi. Alhamdulillah Shukr.

I am NOT boasting. It's true, honest. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment