" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Expectancy

Expectancy, my brother advised me about it yesterday. Do not expect anything from anybody, he said, not even a thankyou. Whatever you do, expect reward from Allah alone. It is quite a hard thing to achieve, to not expect anything from someone. Easier said than done. But this piece of advice is so invaluable. When you expect nothing and you get little things it would make you immensely happy and if you get nothing, you're not sad cause you didn't expect it anyway. I gotta learn to be that way. Insha Allah. Expectancy-one is better off without it.

Allah will reward you, insha Allah. That's all that matters. He misses nothing, and sees everything. The All-seer, The All-knowing. Not even the tiniest act of goodness or tiniest effort made from your part goes unnoticed by Allah "then whoever does an atom's weight of good shall see it, and whoever does an atom's weight of evil shall see it" insha Allah. Why care for the rewards of Dunya when you can get Allah Subhanta'la's. May Allah help me remember this always. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment