" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Regrets

Do you know one of the craziest love things I do? Some nights before I sleep, I go to my album in my blackberry and I view one of their pictures and I keep like that so that when I wake up and check my phone for time or messages (which is what I do when I wake) I can wake to their smiling face, them smiling at me. It really gives me a nice feeling because by morning I will have forgotten all about it and I press some buttons on my phone expecting new mail or something but it's their picture that I see. Makes me smile. Crazy, I know.

You know that feeling you get when you have reached the end of school year and you feel like so many things have been left undone and you regret it all. I have that feeling. That feeling that I have left so many things undone for my parents. Thanks to Allah, I have always been able to be a good daughter to them, may Allah always make me so, Ameen, but I could have been better. I should have. So many of my Mom's dreams and wishes are not fulfilled because of me. Because of my lack of interest, my insincerity. May Mom forgive me. And all those times I could have spend with them, making them happy. All those little favours that I could have done, like the tea I made this morning. All those times I sat amongst them with my hands glued to my phone, how infuriating must that have been?

Regrets. Regrets and more regrets.

Do you know how amazing it is when Mom and Dad playfully argues over me? Saying "she's my daughter" "No, she's my daughter". It's the best feeling. Happened even this morning. Alhamdulillah.

May Allah Subhanata'la help me the best daughter to my parents. May Allah help me fulfill their wishes. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment