" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Monday, November 8, 2010

Wedding blues? No. Reality.

Tonight, my mother tells me that my brother asked her, 'Mom, wondered what our home without her will be like?' And she said to him, 'No I haven't, it's better not to, don't think about it".

(The above passage is but a rough translation of the conversation in my mother tongue)

Not the first time that love made me cry. Sometimes I think that I would be easier for me, because I will insha Allah have a husband by my side, and everything will be new and I will be busy adjusting my selves to this new life. But what about my family? What about my Mother? They are home, without me. They see my stuff. They will constantly be reminded about me and. They would miss me. And that hurts me. It hurts me when they are hurt.

Wedding blues? No. Reality.

Let's face it. Things are not gonna be the same after marriage; especially for a girl. My whole priorities will change. I am to obey husband in every matter unless it is disobedience to Allah. I'm gonna leave my home and move into my husband's. I'm gonna have to stay apart from my family, my mother, my father. New responsibilities, duties. New people. It's a new life. Insha Allah.

Oh mom, I'm gonna miss you so. My umma. I love you. And no love would ever replace that mom. Uppa, I will miss you and I love you. My brothers. Sister-in-law and our little princess. You make me whole, all of you.

I wouldn't know how to bear the pain of leaving my home and family, of having the strength and capability of adapting to this new and very important role of a wife if I didn't know for sure with firm conviction that Allah Subhanata'ala will be with me. Insha Allah.

"Call upon me and I will respond." I call upon you Allah, you're the Provider, provide my family and me with happiness and strength. Ameen.

Slave of the All-knowing. You've got to love me. I trust you.

No comments:

Post a Comment