" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crazy

Had the craziest day. Haven't slept a wink since fajr, washed clothes, gave away some old oness, met up with friends, went to a lot of friends' houses for wedding invites, had a great lunch from Asma (a hotel quite popular where I live). Alhamdulillah. Was pretty late when I got home and after a quickie shower I was flat on our sofa. Whew. Some day.

Guess what? My brother is engaged! Alhamdulillah. It was day before yesterday, the guy and the girl officially saw each other. And Alhamdulillah, each party gave assent. And you know, my brother sent his first mail to her (his fiancée) tonight and he showed it to us (my eldest brother and I have shown our first mails to our fiancés to our parents too)and OMG it was so embarassing to read it! I wish I could share with Slave of the All-knowing! They said we would work as a team, after my brother got engaged to tease him. I mean, this is the second time that I have realized that reading other people's love notes / mails is a really bad idea. It was sweet, admittedly and even good and nice, masha Allah. But hey, who knew this guy was capableof sweetness! Or flirting of all things! He wasn't flirting, of course but I couldn't help but notice a tiny hint of flirtation somewhere between the lines. Wow, this really does come off naturally huh? Like I said, the love that Allah has put between hearts is effortless.

And reading his mail, reminded me about their first mail for me and I read it again so that I can compare and I concluded that my Slave of the All-knowing is the best. And I read through so many others that followed that first mail. But doing this wasn't a good idea. I miss them like CRAZY right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment