" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Monday, November 1, 2010

Foolish questions

They ask, wouldn't it be hard that you don't know him? To start living with a stranger?

How foolish is that? So what about the Prophet Sallahu Walaihi Wasallam's time? Did the women have any idea of the men they were gonna be married to? Or did the men have any idea of the women they will be married to? Or maybe they have an idea, let's say they have a clear picture, but even then, you learn about your spouse only when you start living with them and that's applicable even in love marriage. The practice of interacting with your fiancé has become so common, that it has sort of become a rule, like compulsory. The immediate question is "why not?". Nobody ever realizes that the answer "because God told so" is as obvious as anything.

It wouldn't have mattered one bit to me if I were kept from getting to know my fiancé, but if I were in the middle of getting to know him and even let my selves get attached to him then things are different.

And I do know him-them.

No comments:

Post a Comment