" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Friday, October 29, 2010

Deliberate Oaths

It is such an interesting coincidence that I should learn about deliberate oaths yesterday when I didn't even dream I would be making one today, my first. No, second. I learned that there is expiation for breaking these deliberate oaths taken in the name of Allah. You have to feed or clothe 10 poor persons or free a slave and if one can't afford that, fast for 3 days. Insha Allah, this information could come in handy. In fact it is useful to me because I broke my previous oath, taken a long time ago, when I was no more than 12. I know them to have not such a firm mind. But I also know that this is firm and solid and strong; unlike the times before. So maybe they won't need do this expiation. And as long as they don't, I won't too.

No comments:

Post a Comment