" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rejection

Rejection. It should be a fear that haunts every girl. Fear of rejection. Every girl longs to be accepted by that man decreed for them. They want nothing more than love and acceptance. If there is love , there is acceptance, then insha Allah, everything falls into place. If there is acceptance, then there is a new meaning to their beauty, their physique and it makes them feel beautiful and confident, and those are things every woman yearns to feel.

I had taken up a course called 'Like a Garment' by Yasir Qadi, it was a series of very informative mails for married and unmarried individuals. Masha Allah, they were very enlightening and knowledgeable, I had signed up for it way before I was anywhere near getting married. My intention was to increase my awareness on such matters that will insha Allah help me attain success in my married life. In one of the mails, he said that women's prior needs were emotional, as opposed to men's prior physical needs. Even though this was common knowledge, it only dawned on me after having read it. If that fact alone is understood and given importance to, insha Allah, the marriage will be successful. Fulfill the needs of the other so that you may get your own needs fulfilled. What a woman craves the most, is a feeling of security and love and acceptance- as mentioned above. Once that is in affect, she requires companionship, care, trust, support, understanding, respect etc. The Prophet Sallahi Walaihi Wasallam said "Treat women with kindness"; why was special emphasis given on treating women kindly? And not the men? Because the major difference lies in that; women are all about emotions. They are physically weaker than men, but are capable of stronger emotions than men.

My mother always said that a woman is down to earth sacrificial. Sacrifice, selflessness. Women can be just as possessive as Men. They can be just as jealous. Gheerah is not a quality found in men alone. But women are also sacrificial and selfless. There lies the difference.

I read today in 'The Muslim Marriage Guide' that the average psychological need for men was Respect while for women it was Love. Aha! There you have it. Told you it was a need for me. My need for Slave of the All-knowing, and their love.

I have so totally lost my point. Pardon me. I was talking about the fear of rejection. The Media has quite a part in the matter. They show women everyday, perfect flawlessly beautiful women, and the men, they wake up to these images, because these images are everywhere. "What the eye sees, the heart perceives'. So it is these images that forms in their mind when a woman is mentioned. And not all women are or can be perfect flawless beauties. Men needn't have that fear, women don't generally set standards in their minds and then compare their man with it. No. Women are usually ever ready to accept their man with wide open arms and a warm smile. Because she is selfless. She is all about love. And she has only one man. She will love him like she loves no other. She will love him no matter what.

The Prophet Sallahi Walaihi Wasallam said "The whole world is full of provisions and the best of those provisions is a Righteous Woman"

We women rock.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment