" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Muslim Marriage Guide

Alhamdulillah, I just finished reading this wonderful book. So that's one thing down in my list of Things to do before Marriage. Hurray. 100 more to go! Nope, that is exaggeration, although i do have a LOT more things to do. Insha Allah.

There were some Hadiths and quotes that touched me or that I found very enlightening and the first place I thought of putting it in is ofcourse my blog!

(Although the first place I tried to put one of them in was as status message on my blackberry messenger profile, it didn't fit.)

So Insha Allah, I hope if someday somebody reads my blog, they will benefit from these and find them as beautiful as I have:

The true Muslim is like the Earth: everything foul is thrown upon it, but only what is beautiful grows from it.


Masha Allah. Makes you go "wow!" right?

"There is no woman who removes something to replace it in it's proper place with a view to tidying her husband's house, but that Allah records it as a virtue for her. Nor is there a man who walks with his wife hand in hand, but that Allah sets it down as a virtue for him; and if he put his arm round her shoulder in love, his virtue is increased tenfold"
(Doi, Women in Shariah, 10)

"Once, the Blessed Prophet's companion Amr ibn al-As asked him which person he loved most in the world, expecting him to name one of the heroic young warriors. To his surprise, the Prophet replied straight away:`A'isha'."
(Zarkashi, al-Ijaba, 52.)

"'Not one of you should fall upon his wife like an animal; but let there first be a messenger between you.' 'And what is that messenger?' They asked, and he replied : "Kisses and words"
(Daylami)

"A man who marries a woman for her wealth and beauty will be deprived of that wealth and beauty; while the man who marries her for her religion shall receive from God her wealth and beauty too."
(Hadith in Tabarani)

Subhana Allah, I actually cried reading this particular hadith mentioned above, it felt like Allah Subhanata'ala was giving me just the kind of assurance that I'm desperate for, He answered my duas, He is The All-Hearer. I cried, Alhamdulillah out of my love for my Lord, at his Compassion for me. Allahuakbar. And I put my trust in Allah.

"Make things easy for people, and do not make them hard; cheer people up and do not rebuff them"
(Muslim)

"Gentlenss adorns everything, and it's absence leaves everything tainted.
(Muslim)

"Allah's Messenger was one of the most humorous of people."
(Bazzar, Tabarani)

"I was sent only to perfect the noble qualities of character"
(Hadith in Khara'iti)

"You will not suffice all people with your wealth; suffice them therefore with a cheerful face and goodness of character"
(Hadith in Malik, Muwatta')

Simple, yet exceedingly invaluable.

"Whichever man is patient with the bad character of his wife shall be given a reward like unto that which Job shall receive; and whichever woman is patient with the bad character of her husband shall be given a reward like that of Asiya the (believing) wife of Pharoah"
(Hadith in Hakim, Mustadrak)

May Allah forgive me if there is any mistake in the above quoted Hadiths. For any clarifications refer The Muslim Marriage Guide by Ruqayyah Waris Maqsood. And Allah knows the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment