" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Friday, October 1, 2010

More Reflection

"Detatchment (from the Dunya) is not that you should own nothing but that nothing should own you."
-Ali Radi Allahu Anhu

Just read this quote on www.igotitcovered.com. Masha Allah, one of my favorite websites, truly beautiful.

Reflecting on the quote: I own many things. Does anything own me? I'm sure nothing material owns me, not even food. Alhamdulillah, I eat very little comparatively, I have no idea why I'm fat. Anyway, so Alhamdulillah, I'm not attatched to anything material but I think I'm attached to people. I need their love. I need their presence and I need to stay connected to them. My mother, the foremost of these people. I need her and she needs me. My father, my brothers, my family, I need them all. And you are well aware of my need for Slave of the All-knowing. But do they own me? No. I'm firm. Nobody owns me, but Allah, my Creator.

But I tend to love Slave of All-knowing a little too much, so much that I just can't say No to them and I would go to various lengths to please them because I want them to be content in me, but they deserve it, and that is how I should be. That is obeying Allah. Insha Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment