" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Moved to tears

Masha Allah. I just wept reading this from the "Muslim Marriage Guide". SubhanaAllah, it is so beautiful, I had to share.

" 'Whom shall I appeal to?' He askes her one day, during one of the long conversations that they had each time the angel Gabriel appeared to him. 'Who will believe in me?' Happy to see that he no longer doubted his new mission, Khadija exclaimed, 'At least you can call on me before all others. For I believe in you!' The Prophet Sallahi Walaihi Wassallam was very joyful, and recited the shahada to Khadija, and Khadija believed"

He never took another wife while she lived, and even after her death he never forgot her or ceased to love her. Their marriage had lasted twenty-five years. There are several touching traditions which show the Prophet Sallahi Walaihi being deeply affected and moved to tears when he heard her sister Hala's voice, which sounded so much like hers, or saw something which had once belonged to her.

Aisha Radi Allahu Anhu recorded : 'Although I had never met Khadija, I was never more jealous of anyone than her.' Once, when Khadija's sister Hala came to visit the Prophet Sallahi Walaihi Wasallam, and called from outside for permission to enter, he trembled, being reminded of Khadija, for the two sisters had very similar voices. 'It must be Hala,' he said. Aisha said, 'Why do you keep thinking of that elderly woman who has been dead for so long, when Allah has given you such good wives?' 'No, no, no' the Prophet Sallahi Walaihi Wasallam answered, 'I was given no finer wife than her. She believed in me when everyone else belied me; when they denied me, she became a Muslim; when no one would help me, she was my help. I had my children from her.' And he asserted, 'Allah gave me my love for her'

After that Aisha resolved never to take hurt from Khadija's memory.

How beautiful! Our beloved Prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment