" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reading my Diary


I was just reading my old journal-my diary, and God I used to be such a drama queen! It makes me feel so good and thankful to Allah, to notice that I have changed. Alhamdulillah, I have changed. I'm a better person now. Yesterday I read a quote 'Your words reflect who you are inside'. I have written in my diary about music, about fictions and rude things about my family and friends-these things occupies most pages but I have also written good things, I have thanked Allah over and over and I have written about the guilt that I felt from all the TV and music. I tore off a lot pages and chucked them. I don't want anyone to ever read those things! Too much talk without the mention of Allah is not good for the heart. Now masha Allah, I notice that most of the things that I write, center around my Deen, before it didn't used to be that way. And I thank Allah for guiding me, helping me reach this level, insha Allah, I will continue to be better, with my family and Slave of the All-knowing by my side.

But it is quite entertaining to read your diary, some of the things I had completely forgotten, and it feels great to go back to those days and relive your memories.

I used to be so obsessed about my figure! I still think I am fat,I am fat, but Alhamdulillah I'm not obsessed about it anymore. I wanna be slim, but I don't hate the way I am-Thanks to Allah.

I can't believe the rude things that I wrote about people! Asthafirullah. Thank Allah nobody had the chance to read it! They may have been true, or maybe it was my anger at the time which made me write it, but it was still wrong of me. These days I refrain from writing negative things about people altogether-be it in my journal or diary or blog. And if I did, I wouldn't mention their name.

Whew. I'm so glad I have changed. What a typical teen I was?! Still a teen, FYI. Only with a higher degree of maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment