" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lacking in Self-confidence

How can I be self-confident? I'm a person who is naturally shy and I'm always self-concious. At a time like now, for reasons I'd rather not say, I'm a 100 times more self-concious and I'm lacking self-confidence. I go to party and I get butterflies in my tummy, I feel people's eyes on me and all I wanna do is get it over with ASAP.

But I need self-confidence now. The lack of it makes me nervous, tense and edgy. I once read an article, a real life story about a girl who was always made fun of her nose; and the girl was always bothered by it and she always thought something was wrong with her nose and everytime she looked in the mirror, she would see that, the girl with misshapen nose untill ome day she looked in the mirror and saw A Slave of Allah. That was quite a read for me, I had so much to learn from it. I wish I could be like that, I wish I could look in my mirror and see the Servant of Allah that I am. But I see a lot more, I see my defaults and I worry over them. I'm not being ungrateful to Allah Subhanata'ala nor am I dissatisfied in anything He has or hasn't given me.Alhamdulillah. But it is important to me that I look beautiful, because I have someone to please and I want them to be content in me. Insha Allah. It is a worry that taunts me night and day, and I haven't a clue of what to do about it except make Dua. Dua, Dua, more Dua and patience.

Never have I been this jealous of those women in the media, never have I hated the media like this before. I'm jealous of their beauty, of what appears as their beauty, I know I ought not to be, but I'm after all and 18 year old girl wanting to look beautiful to that only person she may look beautiful to.

So where do I get a bit of self-confidence? Actually, not a bit, a LOT of self-confidence.

I'll just put my trust in ALLAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment