" It's not easy to hold it in inside;
nor is this silence I willingly abide,
so I let my words through these pages ride"

Friday, October 15, 2010

Two ways of lookin' at it

So there are two ways of looking at it.

The statement could be taken as flattery, because the thing implied is that there is a lot of temptation to do that which they shouldn't. That could be taken as a flattering and rather flirtatious comment.

Or

The statement also implies the fact that this only source of connecting to me is evil and causes fitnah. Now that's neither flattering nor flirtatious. That's a fact. And not a very pleasant one.

I wish I could tell them how sorry I am. I do sincerely feel sorry. I feel bad. I feel guilty.

I should really fall back now.

Ouch. The latter meaning can sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment